Talks and outreach activities
- CNRS blog (14/02/2022): Comment le changement climatique affecte-t-il la biodiversité marine? https://lejournal.cnrs.fr/nos-blogs/un-ocean-de-decouvertes/comment-le-changement-climatique-affecte-t-il-la-biodiversite
- MOPGA Scientific mid-term conference (23-24/11/2021): “Assessing, Understanding, Mitigating Global Change” the conference covered the full spectrum of disciplines: from understanding Earth’s climate history in deep time to current, and predicting future atmospheric processes; response of biodiversity and ecosystems, including coupled human-natural systems; and solutions ranging from cutting-edge technology development to political and social adaptation strategies. Ecole de Chimie, Polymères et Matériaux (ECPM) – Strasbourg, France. https://makeourplanetgreatagain-cnrs.com/scientific-mid-term-conference/
- 4Oceans-Mopga Weekly Seminar (20/12/2021): How global environmental change affects marine biodiversity. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCegK_BEcsgqJt1YOeFsenNg, https://makeourplanetgreatagain-cnrs.com/weekly-seminar-2021/
- Interview for Le Monde, 24-25/02/2020. Plan B : nos océans deviennent plus acides et c’est un danger https://www.lemonde.fr/videos/article/2020/03/16/plan-b-nos-oceans-deviennent-plus-acides-et-c-est-un-danger_6033239_1669088.html
- Virtual reality exhibitions: Two virtual reality films were exhibited at the Sea Museum in Ischia (Italy, June 2019), with approximately 100 participants and during the “Fête de la science” at LOV (https://bit.ly/38Ad4n9, October 2019), with the participation of local schools and general public (more than 200 participants). These two films (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V8oe7mJH3A, http://vhil.stanford.edu/soae/) show the future of the world’s oceans in the face of climate change and ocean acidification. The audience can discover first-hand these exceptional natural vent sites that allow us to study and predict the effects of climate change on our oceans. These films have been produced by Stanford University’s Virtual Human Interaction Lab (https://vhil.stanford.edu).
- MOPGA Kickoff conference (1/10/2019): Official launch conference for the Franco-German program “Make our planet again great” (MOPGA) » with the 55 laureates. Musée du Quai Branly-Jacques Chirac, Paris, France. https://makeourplanetgreatagain-cnrs.com/kickoff-conference/